06 May Buckle Up
Click-It or Ticket
We’ve all heard that before, right? Well there’s a really good reason for that. When worn properly seatbelts are your best protection against injury in a crash. According to the NSC statistics, more than half the vehicle occupants killed in crashes in 2012 were not wearing seatbelts. Along with those statistics, the CDC reports released statistics that show motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death among those ages 1-54.
Not to bore you with more statistics but think about some of these facts:
- A traffic fine for not wearing a seat belt can be as high as 150.00.
- The force of a 35 MPH crash is equivalent to jumping off a 3 story building.
- Driving or riding in a vehicle is the single most dangerous thing we do every day.
- Most crashes happen within 25 miles from home at speeds less than 40 MPH.
- Unbuckled occupants in a vehicle become a “backseat bullet” as they can be thrown around forcefully striking other occupants of the vehicle.
- Your risk of injury is reduced by 50% when wearing a seat belt.
- Your air bag is designed to complement the use of a seatbelt, not replace it.
- It is equally important to wear a seatbelt in the rear of the vehicle as it is to wear one in the front.
- The driver of the vehicle is responsible for minors not wearing a seatbelt.
- It’s not only dangerous to be in a vehicle while unrestrained, it is also illegal and usually carries a cash penalty.
- If your seatbelt is uncomfortable, you are not wearing it properly – add a little slack, get comfort clips or get a seatbelt extender from your dealership.
It takes 2seconds2click:
Really, that’s all it takes……two little seconds could prevent injury or even save your life. Don’t you think it’s worth it? We do. Employees like you would be tough to replace. Your seatbelt doesn’t need a vacation, buckle up so you can enjoy your next one though.