26 Oct Green Halloween Tips
Posted at 07:06h in Safety
Tip 1: Trick or Treat with Reusable Bags
- Carry reusable bags that don’t need to be discarded.
- Cloth or canvas shopping bags, even pillowcases are terrific eco‐friendly alternatives.
Tip 2: Make Do‐It‐Yourself Costumes
- Instead of buying a new costume you may only wear once, make your own from old clothes and items you have around the house.
Tip 3: Give Eco‐Friendly Treats
- Growing variety of eco‐friendly and organic candy (chocolate, lollipops) available from local organic stores.
- Choose treats that use little to no packaging.
- Buy locally produced treats.
- Consider alternatives to candy such as colored pencils, small box of crayons, or other items you may find at a local dollar store.
Tip 4: Walk Instead of Driving
- Stick close to home and avoid driving to other neighborhoods.
- Reduce fuel consumption and get some exercise!
Tip 5: Eco‐Friendly Halloween Party
- Feature locally grown, organic pumpkins, apples, and other food items.
- Instead of discarding carved pumpkins, use them for pies, soups or other dishes.